Borrow eBooks from
Luzerne County Libraries
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an eBook?
"eBook" is short for electronic book, a digital file containing text and images that can be viewed on a computer or mobile device (a tablet or smart phone that can connect to the Internet, such as an iPad, Android, Nexus 7, Nook HD/HD+ or Kindle Fire).
What do I need to borrow an eBook for free?
All you need is a Luzerne County Library card, an Internet connection, and a mobile device or computer.
What are Axis 360 eBooks?
Axis 360 provides a "Magic Wall" - a website that displays a collection of eBooks purchased by Luzerne County Libraries for you, our patron. You can access the collection by clicking on the Magic Wall image above or by clicking here. Your local library's website may also have a link to the collection.
How do Axis 360 eBooks work?
Axis 360 eBooks come in formats that require software you need to download in order to read them.
How do I know what software I need to download?
You can access more information by clicking on the Magic Wall image above or by clicking here.
What are the rules for borrowing Axis 360 eBooks?
- You may check out up to 3 titles at one time with your library card.
- The standard lending period is 14 days, but you may shorten this to as little as 1 day during the checkout process (see instructions for details).
- You do not have to return your checked out items. They will expire automatically on the due date.
- You cannot renew an item, but you may check out the same title again if it is still available after the lending period has expired.
- If a title is checked out, you can place a hold; you will be notified by email when your item is ready and you will have three days to download it before it is released to the next patron who has a hold.
Can I read my eBook without an Internet connection?
Yes! eBooks are downloaded directly to your computer or mobile device through the Internet but can be accessed at any time, with or without an Internet connection.
What does it mean when my card isn't accepted?
If your card isn't accepted it could mean any of the following:
- You have a fine that exceeds $5
- Your card has expired
- There is a problem with your account
Please contact your local library for assistance.
How do I use Axis360?
- Help can be found by clicking hereor on the image below:
If you need additional assistance, please contact your local library.