Welcome To Luzerne County Libraries website! We’re glad you’re here.
The mission of the Luzerne County Libraries is to provide the adults and children of Luzerne County with the information and resources that support lifelong learning and lifelong enjoyment. With that in mind, we’ve redesigned our website to make it easier than ever to access the library materials, programs, and services you want.
Search our online catalog for books, music and movies. Use our round-the-clock reference services and databases for your professional, academic or personal interests. Apply for a library card or check out the upcoming programs (there’s something for everyone). Browse the site and get involved. Sure, our name is on the website, but it’s really all about you.
Luzerne County Libraries
Founded in 1984, the Luzerne County Library System (LCLS) serves the approximately 320,000 residents of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. LCLS is comprised of 10 autonomous libraries:
- Back Mountain Memorial Library, Dallas
- Hazleton Area Public Library, Hazleton (main library and four branches)
- Hoyt Library, Kingston
- Marian Sutherland Kirby Library, Mountaintop
- Mill Memorial Library, Nanticoke
- Osterhout Free Library, Wilkes-Barre (main library and three branches)
- Pittston Memorial Library, Pittston
- Plymouth Public Library, Plymouth
- West Pittston Library, West Pittston; and
- Wyoming Free Library, Wyoming.
Search Our Catalog