Welcome To Luzerne County Libraries website! We’re glad you’re here.
Luzerne County Library System Reopening Information
A message from Luzerne County Library System Administration:
The Luzerne County Library System and our members are committed to providing safe facilities for all employees and library users. Our collective goal is to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Each library and library branch has a customized plan for services at our buildings (see 'reopening' link, above). These will depend upon the physical layout of each building, the number of staff members that can be accommodated with proper social distancing, and conditions in our communities. We appreciate the patience and understanding of our devoted library users.
Get Facts on the Coronavirus
Helpful information can be found here.
We're excited to announce that around midday on January 13, 2022, our team will activate the link to cloudLibrary NewsStand in your cloudLibrary mobile apps!
The mission of the Luzerne County Libraries is to provide the adults and children of Luzerne County with the information and resources that support lifelong learning and lifelong enjoyment. With that in mind, we’ve redesigned our website to make it easier than ever to access the library materials, programs, and services you want.
Search our online catalog for books, music and movies. Use our round-the-clock reference services and databases for your professional, academic or personal interests. Apply for a library card or check out the upcoming programs (there’s something for everyone). Browse the site and get involved. Sure, our name is on the website, but it’s really all about you.
Luzerne County Libraries
Founded in 1984, the Luzerne County Library System (LCLS) serves the approximately 320,000 residents of Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. LCLS is comprised of 10 autonomous libraries:
- Back Mountain Memorial Library, Dallas
- Hazleton Area Public Library, Hazleton (main library and four branches)
- Hoyt Library, Kingston
- Marian Sutherland Kirby Library, Mountaintop
- Mill Memorial Library, Nanticoke
- Osterhout Free Library, Wilkes-Barre (main library and three branches)
- Pittston Memorial Library, Pittston
- Plymouth Public Library, Plymouth
- West Pittston Library, West Pittston; and
- Wyoming Free Library, Wyoming
New DVD Policy
Effective April 2, 2018 - Read about our new DVD policy here.
Search Our Catalog
To change your OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) Password/PIN:
- Navigate to the Catalog
- In the upper right hand corner click on MY ACCOUNT
- Enter your barcode (the number located on the back of your yellow library card)
- At the password prompt, enter CHANGEME (no spaces; not case-sensitive)
- Click LOG IN
- In your account click on the gray bar labeled CHANGE PIN
- Enter CHANGEME (no spaces; not case-sensitive) as Current PIN
- Enter alphanumeric PIN of your choice in the NEW PIN field
- Enter the same in CONFIRM NEW PIN field
- Click UPDATE
Please note that the library does not keep a record of personal PINs. If you forget your PIN,
contact the library and it will be reset to CHANGEME. You will then need to start the process